Design Is Creativity With Strategy
At our In Blank Space design studio, we believe a productive and dynamic space is born via a method of exploration, brainstorming, processing, filtering, and filtering again
Our Perspective at In Blank Space is unique to Commercial space design. Unlike most interior design firms, our focus on commercial projects is based on the product portfolio dynamics and consumer demographics.
Understanding your goals
Our team will conduct visioning sessions where we investigate and explore your goals, listen to your ideas, and most importantly, learn about your company culture.
Some of the information discussed and collected during the Programming stage includes:
- What are your goals for this project?
- What is your brand? Who is your target market?
- What do you like and what works about your existing space? What needs improvement?
- What is your budget?
Creating a space with purpose
- We will develop a layout for your new space so that it is functional, safe, and accessible by examining the needs of your end-users, as well as local building codes, traffic flow, and requested adjacencies or relationships
- In the Schematic Design stage, you may receive: (1) a site measure of your existing or new space and inventory of existing fixtures, furniture or equipment to be reused; (2) creation of a CAD drawing based on existing site conditions; (3) review of building code & local regulations as it pertains to your project; (4) space plans; and (5) a meeting or two to review and make changes to the layout
Transforming your vision into a unique design plan
Shouldn’t the design of your space be as unique as your business? We think so. Our design team is purposeful and mindful when expressing your brand image through interior design. During this phase, your project will come to life in design visualization studies – a perk you enjoy by working with us.
Furniture & Fixture
Working with our own fabrication team or manufacturers to find the best solutions for your project
We work closely with our professional teams to select appropriate furniture that meets your budget, timeline, and functional requirements, by obtaining quotes to initiate orders.
In the Furniture stage, you may receive:
- internal research of available furniture options;
- internal review of available options;
- basic 3D images of the design concept;
- selection of finishes for chosen furniture;
- one or two meetings to review and make changes to the proposed options; and
- quotes to initiate orders for furniture.
Using our experience to formulate a package for pricing and construction
Contract documents typically consist of drawings and specifications; they provide the technical details to build your design plan. To help provide you with a complete design package, we coordinate with various project consultants including Structural, Mechanical, and Electrical Engineers as well as building Architects.
In the Contract Document stage you may receive:
- a complete set of interior design construction drawings (ready for permits, pricing, and construction): floor plans, ceiling plans/basic lighting plans, basic electrical plans, elevations, details/sections, and finish specifications;
- coordination with other project consultants including weekly check-ins;
- a review meeting with you for final sign-off on plans; and
- preparation of all materials required so you can apply for a building permit.